How to Bowl a Strike / How to Hit a Split
Although, many of our players are bowling professionals in real life and can actually teach anyone a lesson on the topic, the Bowling Crew prepared a quick guide on how to bowl a strike.
- Advice #1. Improve your balls.
You can improve your balls in your Arsenal. It requires chips and ball cards, both obtainable from Cases received for your victories.
- Advice #2. Use the right ball.
There are three types of balls:
- Power balls are used to shoot as many pins as possible.
- Bounce balls are the best option for splits.
- Precise balls are best to hit a small group of pins.
You can bowl a strike with both Power and Bounce balls.
In the beginning of every game balls are placed in the same order as in your Arsenal. The first three balls are available for the throw, the rest are in the line. Thrown ball is placed in the end of the line. You need to work out a strategy to succeed depending on how many balls you have.
- Advice #3. The key is in the pocket.
The key to consistent strikes is to angle the ball into the “pocket”. For a right-handed bowler, the pocket is between the one-pin and three-pin. For a lefty, it’s between the one-pin and two-pin.
Rolling a ball directly to the first pin will lead to a split in most cases.
Sad but true. It could actually happen 😞
So how to hit a split?
- First of all, you need a bounce ball.
Any of them would go. Keep in mind that, Balls from higher Alleys are better, than from lower ones. Epic (violet) balls are better than Rare (Gold) and Common (Blue) ones. Upgrade your balls, it will make you game more comfortable.
There are so many variations of split in the game. It will take too much of your attention to describe every of them. Let's talk about 7-10 split that is considered to be the hardest one.
- Roll the ball directly at a tangent to the first pin so the pin would bounce and hit the other pin.